Tusc Moms

Our February book choice is:

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Pick it up and join us at our next meeting!

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I'm excited to be reading this one, AND I'm really excited that we are picking classics for the next few months.

Just wanted to mention that if you have a reader, this book is a free kindle download (I have the kindle app on my Ipad and it's free on there too).  You just go to the amazon kindle store, and it will come up with a price of $0.00. 

Barnes and Noble also has all of the classics re-released under new covers and they are really cheap - I want to say this one was around $5.00.

Im very excited to finally be able to join in on a meeting...I just need to know when & where!

Oh, a quick note by the way, because I just read this in a review of the book.  Do not read the introduction at the beginning of the book until you finish it (the introduction isn't included in the e-version).  Apparently the author of the intro gives away a lot of details about what happens to Dracula and if you aren't familiar with the whole story/ending, you might not want to read that first. 

Ashley - I'm glad you'll be able to join us! We don't have a date set yet, but it will most likely be the last week of February.  Keep watching the site and you'll see a post where we solicit input on dates that work for everybody.

Heck yeah! Downloaded free on kindle! :) Many of the classics are free -- nice!

Hey Ashley! We usually meet the last week of the month. And lately we've been hopping around trying different spots.

Keep your eye on the site for details about our next meeting. And if you join the Tuscmoms Book Club group you will receive an email as soon as the next meeting is scheduled.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Free downloads! Woo hoo!

That sucks LOL. Probably I should have had a look at your posting before buying a used one at ebay for about 5$... Well, at least I won't be too sad when I spill coke over it... For the next one though I guess I should have a look at B&N before, because I have an IPhone, but no IPad. So no reader.

Moozle said:

I'm excited to be reading this one, AND I'm really excited that we are picking classics for the next few months.

Just wanted to mention that if you have a reader, this book is a free kindle download (I have the kindle app on my Ipad and it's free on there too).  You just go to the amazon kindle store, and it will come up with a price of $0.00. 

Barnes and Noble also has all of the classics re-released under new covers and they are really cheap - I want to say this one was around $5.00.

RSS

Subscribe to our newsletter

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Tuscaloosa News.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service